- When you are in love, you forget your own happiness: you only wish to make the loved one happy!
By: Dada J P Vaswani
- Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
- Anger, humiliation, unhappiness and depression are not emotions which anyone can give to anyone else. These are the reactions triggered from our own ego to certain words or actions/non-actions.
- Gita chapter three, verses 37 and 38: “O Arjuna, it is lust later transformed into wrath, which is the all-devouring sinful enemy of this world. As fire is covered by smoke, as a mirror is covered by dust, or as the embryo is covered by the womb, the living entity is similarly covered by different degrees of this lust”.
- Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.
- It isn’t the things that happen to us in our life that cause us to suffer, it’s how we relate to the things that happen to us that causes us to suffer.
- We might only be a hit away from striking gold, so we need to keep at it, no matter how discouraged we are and feel.
- Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.
- Small tip for “Staying Happy” –
Wake up every morning by giving thanks – for the bright sunrise, for a great breakfast, or for a good night sleep. Cultivate the habit of being thankful – for great friends or for favors done to you, however small they may be.
- Do not love leisure. Waste not a minute. Be bold. Realize the Truth, here and now!
By: Swami Sivananda